Welcome to the Ward 6 Redistricting Task Force!
Now that the US Census is complete and the Ward boundaries have been re-drawn, each Ward must undergo the process of creating the map of Area Neighborhood Commission's and each individual Single Member District. Councilmember Allen has convened a Ward 6 Redistricting Task Force made up of Ward 6 residents who are not currently serving as an ANC and have pledged they will not be running in the upcoming cycle. This group, representative of every part of Ward 6's new boundaries, will create and recommend a new map. While Councilmember Allen and our team will help facilitate these meetings and provide support, the task force will ultimately produce a report and recommended new map that the Council will consider and approve.
All meetings are open to the public and will be virtually broadcast on Councilmember Allen's Facebook page.
Learn more about the process from Councilmember Elissa Silverman's website. Councilmember Silverman chairs the Council’s Subcommittee on Redistricting, which will hold a hearing in April on the recommendations from all ward task forces.
View the Updated Map and Boundaries as the Task Force Works:
View the latest map here, following directions below:
- To access the map, you'll need to create a login. Then you can click on the folder that and says "Open" (not "Open Local"), then click on "Shared Plans," then click "W6ANC - Council group," and finally the most recent map to view is "W6RTF 3.29 Meeting Map".
- Ivan Frishberg, Chair
- Brian Pate
- Anna Forgie
- Christine Spencer
- Gottlieb Simon
- Ken Jarboe
- Gary Peterson
- Iris Gill
- Marge Maceda
- Scott Price
- Georgine Wallace
- Matthew Oberstaedt
- Shelia White
Completed Meeting Schedule:
- Feb. 1: Initial Meeting
- Feb. 15: Presentation of First Draft
- Feb. 22: Public hearing on First Draft
- Mar. 1: Task Force amends initial draft from public input
- Mar. 15: Final comment opportunity on proposed map
- Mar. 30 - Final approval of the map and report
Past Meetings Video:
- Census 2020 Population, Housing Units, and Groups Quarters Population by 2013 SMD, Census Tract, and Census Block - District of Columbia
- Population Change by Single Member District (SMD): 2010 to 2020