DC COUNCILMEMBER CHARLES ALLEN, WARD 6
CHAIR, COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY & PUBLIC SAFETY
CONSTITUENT SERVICES COORDINATOR - JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Position available immediately; open until filled.
Constituent Services Coordinator, Ward 6 Councilmember Charles Allen
Ward 6 DC Councilmember Charles Allen is seeking applications for a Constituent Services Coordinator. This position will focus on helping residents who contact the office in need of assistance with government services or seeking solutions to neighborhood problems.
The Constituent Services Coordinator will work with the Councilmember, his staff, representatives of the Mayor's office and agencies, and neighborhood-based organizations to aid, assist, and empower Ward 6 residents. The position will require engagement not just with individual neighbors, but also with community and neighborhood organizations, and will include evening and weekend meetings and community events.
Applicants must be District residents or have the ability to become District residents within 180 days after appointment. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills;
- A strong work ethic, including availability to attend weekend and evening events;
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, varied environment;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently multitask;
- Patience to work with neighbors at a moment when they are frustrated with their government or in need of urgent help; and
- Familiarity with Ward 6 neighborhoods and a strong interest in District matters.
Salary range is $58,000-$63,000 depending on experience and the position will include full benefits.
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Laura Marks, Chief of Staff
Office of Councilmember Charles Allen
1350 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 110
Washington, DC 20004
Or, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.