2/19/16: Earlier this week, the Mayor released the Security Camera Rebate Program application and eligibility guidelines. Please click HERE for information about the application, eligible PSAs, and program details.
The DC Council recently passed Councilmember Allen's emergency legislation to authorize the Mayor to develop a rebate program for security cameras. The Mayor has signed the bill into law.
Regulations have now been published, and I expect the program can be up and running as soon as possible. Rebate information will be available on the dc.gov website and my office will help get the word out.
Who is eligible? How much are the rebates?
- homeowners and renters - up to $500 (maximum of $200 per camera)
- businesses - up to $750 (maximum of $200 per camera)
- non-profit organizations - up to $750 (maximum of $200 per camera)
- religious institutions - up to $750 (maximum of $200 per camera)
What areas are eligible?
- the highest crime area in each Ward will receive priority
- other areas as identified by the Mayor
How much is the total funding available?
Sign up below to receive more information about the program as soon as it becomes available.