The Committee on the Judiciary & Public Safety will hold a Public Oversight Roundtable on sentencing in the District of Columbia and the roles and responsibilities of local and federal agencies.
Who: Among others, hearing witnesses will include:
- Renata Cooper, Assistant United States Attorney/Special Counsel to the United
- Kevin Donahue, Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice/Deputy City Administrator
- Laura Hankins, General Counsel, Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia
- Irvin Nathan, President, Council for Court Excellence (former AG)
- Daniel Okonkwo, Executive Director, D.C. Lawyers for Youth
- Nassim Moshiree, Policy Director, American Civil Liberties Union of the District of Columbia
- Karl Racine, Attorney General for the District of Columbia
- Marc Schindler, Executive Director, Justice Policy Institute
- Nancy Ware, Director, Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency
- States Attorney for Policy & Legislative Affairs, U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia
- Hon. Frederick H. Weisberg, Chair, District of Columbia Sentencing Commission
When: Thursday, February 9, 9:30 a.m. - End
Where: John A. Wilson Building
1350 Pennsylvania Ave, N.W.
Washington, DC 20004
Do you like this post?
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter