Ward 6 Week is back! Join Ward 6 Councilmember Charles Allen August 7-13 for a week of fun activities highlighting all that our community has to offer.
Come celebrate what makes Ward 6 the best place to call home! It's the summer. It's hot. It's a little slow. It's the perfect excuse to get out and get to know your neighborhood and city a little bit better.
Here's the schedule. All events are free unless otherwise noted. Some events have a limited amount of space, so RSVPs are first come, first served. If you RSVP for an event, but cannot attend, just email Casey Simmons on our team and we'll make sure your spot can go to someone else.
Sunday August 7
- Yappy Hour: We're crashing Yappy Hour at Wunder Garten! Bring your pooch if you have one, or come along if you just love being around some good doggos. (Wundergarten, 12-3pm)
Monday August 8
- Splash in the Six: We are doing a Bring Your Own Picnic and playdate at the Eastern Market Metro Park Splash Park - this is certainly a kid-friendly event and a great way to enjoy our new park! (Eastern Market Metro Park, 11am-1pm)
Tuesday August 9
ARTECHOUSE: Visit the immersive Aṣẹ: Afro Frequencies exhibit! The ARTECHOUSE team has generously offered Ward 6 Week attendees 200 tickets. Please see instructions to register on our website (ARTECHOUSE, 10am-2pm)
- Biergarten Haus Trivia: Test your knowledge and grab a beer at one of Ward 6's best trivia nights! (Biergarten Haus, 7-9pm)
Wednesday August 10
Beat the Streets: Join me and the MPD First District for the Beat the Streets community event with music, games for kids, food, and info for residents (The Wharf, 1-7:30pm)
- Tunes in the Triangle: Come out to Ward 6's beautiful Mount Vernon Triangle neighborhood for one of DC's best summer concert series, Tunes in the Triangle, for a concert by cellist Benjamin Gates (Milian Park, 5-6:30pm)
Thursday August 11
Help Harvest at Hopkins: Help tend to the gardens at Hopkins Apartments, harvest crops for the Building Bridges Across the River CSA and Farmers Market, and just enjoy a little work in the garden! Kids welcome, snacks and water provided. (Hopkins Housing Complex, Bridge Park Plot, 10am-12pm)
- If you are bringing a child, please email Kim on my team so we can prepare age-appropriate tasks. Space is limited so please RSVP. Dress prepared to get dirty and in comfortable shoes.
Friday August 12
Coffee at The Roost: Come have coffee with me to start your Friday and let's talk about any issue, big or small. (The Roost, 10-11:30am)
Live, On the Hill Jazz at EMMP: It's a new Capitol Hill tradition - live jazz on Friday evenings. Join me and neighbors for a live performance in the park! (Eastern Market Metro Park, 5-6pm)
- Salsa Dancing at The Wharf: It's hard to imagine a better way to end the week than salsa dancing on a pier overlooking the Washington Channel. Drinks and food available for purchase nearby (Transit Pier at The Wharf, 7-9pm)
Saturday August 13
Barracks Row Firehouse Tour: Tour a firehouse and meet the firefighters of Engine 18. There is limited capacity for this tour, so please RSVP and let us know if you can't make it (414 Eighth St. SE, 9:30-10:30am)
Northeast Neighborhood Library Family Story Time: I will be the guest reader for Family Story Time at the Northeast Branch Library! Perfect for families with small kids, I'll help you bridge that gap to nap time. Story time will take place in the library garden, or in the Children's Room on the 2nd floor in case of bad weather. (Northeast Neighborhood Library, 11-11:45am)
- Southwest Community Day: While I won't make this one, I encourage you to come out for chance to mingle with neighbors and enjoy some fun, resources from a wide range of nonprofits and government leaders! (Lansburgh Park, 10am-2pm)
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter